Friday, March 29, 2013

Love

Sharing my belief in Jesus Christ is not something I have been good at. Ever. I spend far too much time worrying that I might offend people and not enough time loving them enough to share The Truth.

We just finished watching The Bible on the History Channel tonight, and above all the ugliness, gore, death, politics, and corruption, I am left with an overarching theme of Love.

How can that be???

If you've been watching his series, you know how brutal it has been at times. Let's just take Jesus out of the picture for a second and just talk about how incredibly difficult it would have been to live in times like that. Persecution. Oppression. No thanks. I want to kiss the ground i walk on because we live in a place where we can worship The Lord without fear of persecution.

I watched the crucifixion in anger and disbelief that these Sadducees and Pharisees would persuade a crowd to convict this man. Our Savior!!! How could they??? How could they not believe??

And the scary thing is...

We would be among them.

We ARE among them.

Because when we hate, and mock, and judge, and crucify others with our words, we are just like that crowd. Spitting and spewing at Jesus. And what's worse... We do it in HIS VERY NAME!!! Giving Him a reputation that is all but true to who He is. Jesus. Is. Love.

And that's the Truth. The Gospel.

Jesus Christ was a man. A real man. Sent to Earth to live a life without sin, but not without strife. He experienced what it was like to live like us. Hardships, temptations, and pain.

He had friends.
And he had enemies.

He loved. Better than anyone ever has. He loves us SO much that He paid our debt for sin, forever, with His own blood.

He was Crucified.

Mocked.

Lashed.

Stabbed.

Tortured.

Nailed to a cross.

And then rose from the dead. He is who He says He is. Always. No matter where I've been or what I've done, He loves me. I just can't believe it. I can't believe He would go through all that torture and pain just for me. To save me. Because He loves me. Because that's who He is. Love.

And after He did all that... The very least I can do is share who He is with those who don't know. What an honor. What a privilege.

Happy Easter.

"Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here. He is risen!"
Luke 24:5

Love,
jess

No comments: