Saturday, March 23, 2013

21-Day Challenge

I love looking at other girls' blogs. Like, the professional ones.

Dear Baby is one of my favorites
And Heather's Dish is a friend of mine from college gone Pro.

I'm always so inspired by these women and yet totally jealous at the same time. My favorite posts involve fashion. What they wore. Where they got it. Ya know, stuff like that. They talk about favorite summer wedges (shoes, for those of us less fashion savvy) and those adorable brightly colored skinny jeans they found for a steal in some random vintage shop around the corner... Ugh...

Styling is not my forte. And I want so badly to be good at it!! I'll have these visions of some great outfit in my mind, but either a.) I don't have all the pieces or b.) I don't have the guts to pull it off

Anyone? Anyone? Just me? Ok.

When I go shopping, no matter how hard I try, somehow I seem to gravitate to the "sweatpants and t-shirt" section. I have a mental picture of myself in great outfits that are the perfect combination of trendy and comfy. Taking Instagram photos of myself just out and about casually looking fabulous...

But alas. That's not real life for me.

So! I've decided to do something about it. A challenge. For myself.

They say it takes 21 days to create a habit. 21 days to change your ways. I've signed up with Stitch Fix and am anxiously awaiting an email that will let me know my number is up. They will be sending me 5 pieces to try on that are specifically picked out for me. I can purchase anything I like or send it all back. No charge. And I'm. So. Excited.

So, for 21 days, starting April 1st,  I will be dressing like a girl. No sweatpants. No t-shirts. No holey Toms (this is serious business). And I'll be posting my outfits. I've got some work to do first. I'll need to do a little shopping for a few key items and I'll be ready and waiting for my first Stitch Fix. In the meantime, I'm brushing up on my styling skills via their blog cause I need some serious help people!!!

This should be interesting. I'm excited!!!


Love,
jess

No comments: