Saturday, April 30, 2011

Story time

When I was little my mother used to read us the most enchanting books. We still have most, if not all of them stuffed away in boxes in their garage until we have little hands that will need them. There are a lot of things about childhood that I never will remember, but I have never forgotten those stories.

Harold and the Purple Crayon
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
Ferdinad
Bedtime for Frances
The Adventures of Benjamin Bunny
Peter Rabbit

I could go on forever.

I have had visions of writing a children's book for several years now. Although, it has been one of those thoughts that seemed to come and go as if I could never REALLY do something so bold and time consuming. Then suddenly, a few months ago I had a clear vision for a character (out of the blue, I might add)! How exciting!!

Now what?

A month or so after that, I get a text message from a dear friend of mine who says, "Hey, I've been wanting to write a children's book & I remember you mentioning it a while back. I think we should do it!"

I couldn't make this stuff up!

I'm not going to lie -- I still feel like it's an impossibility, but it's one of those things that never seems to leave my mind completely. So, I don't really know what to do next or if anything will come of it, but wouldn't that be awesome?!? I sure think so. And who doesn't love a good story?

~ jess

1 comment:

guitar playing mommy said...

My friend Luci Birdsong wrote a book called "you're wonderfully wonderful" I would be happy to ask her about her publisher information. She said it was a great experience working with them on her book.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Youre-Wonderfully-Wonderful/104663712941171