Friday, July 22, 2011

Loved.

I love those moments when you suddenly get a bird's eye view of your life and see just how blessed you are. Last night would have to be one of those nights. We celebrated Colin Bachelor's 40th birthday at La Hacienda Ranch (best. fajitas. ever) with a large group of pretty amazing people. We were both honored and humbled to be invited.

Several of our friends who were in attendance last night are getting on a plane as I type this to head to Rwanda with the organization His Chase. It's such an incredible story how this all came to be and I would encourage you to check it out. I am wishing I was on that plane headed to the other side of the world to love on some kiddos, but I am here. Here for a purpose. I know that. I went to Ghana, Africa in March of 2010 and never came back. You never really come back after something like that. And when people ask we when I'm going again, I always tell them the same thing, "as soon as God tells me to go and gives me the means to go."

As I watched all the people last night, talking, laughing, sharing life... I was just so overwhelmed with how loved I am. Not only by the people in that room, but by my God. How can He possibly love me enough to care whether or not I am surrounded by friends who love me like this? Why does He even bother?

I sure as heck don't know, but I don't really care. I am just grateful. So grateful.

Anyway, take a look around when you get a chance. It'll totally make your day. You are loved by so many... just imagine how much more by the Big Man.

Man.... I just love being loved.

Love,
jess

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! And so does Jonah--a whole lot!!