Saturday, March 19, 2011

Girls Night Out!

Last night my mom and I had a girls night out. My dad is in Maryland visiting his folks and Clay is hanging out at a ranch with some boys this weekend shooting stuff. So, mom and I went to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's performance of The Rite of Spring.

First of all, I realize I may be showing my nerd card a little with this post, but this piece is simply stunning and I think it's one that ANYONE would enjoy. If you have time to read the history behind it I would highly recommend it. I could NOT believe how many musicians there were on that stage. There had to have been at least 100 (I may have counted, so what).
please excuse the poor quality. compliments of my iphone.
I had a hard time finding a recording of the song in it's entirety (a whopping 33 minutes) so here is a small section of the beginning of the piece.

And here is a section of one of my favorite parts (coincidentally the next part of the piece).

After hearing such brilliant music we were famished and decided to go grab some Thai food and a DELICIOUS little joint in Highland Park called The Mint. I got yellow curry that rocked my face off and mom got red curry. They have TONS of dishes on their menu that are either gluten free or can be made gluten free (yay) and they serve organic wines??

This place was totally awesome! A small restaurant with room for only about 50 people (maybe). The decor was completely rad and I might have felt a little out of place if it weren't for my blue Coach purse (which matched the decor perfectly, i might add) that I switch to in case I emerge from suburbia Carrollton. (Whew!)
I want these light fixtures in my house!

We are sitting at the front of the restaurant looking at the back... if that gives you any idea of the size of this place.
This is totes def gonna be a place we return to many... many times.

NOW GET OUTSIDE AND ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!
~jess

1 comment:

guitar playing mommy said...

That sounds like a fantastic "girls night out"!